The Talent Development Hot Seat
Ep 61: Exceptional Talent Management and Succession Planning with Tracey Grimshaw from Belden, Inc
In today’s episode, Andy interviewed Tracey Grimshaw. Tracey has just finished presenting a case study on her company’s unique approach to talent management and succession planning.
Tracey is a talent management, organisational development, and learning executive with global experience.
She is currently the vice president of Human Resources at Belden Inc., a global leader in high quality and end-to-end signal transmission solutions. She delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise, and broadcast markets.
Tracey is an expert in areas like organisational design, change management, and learning and development.
Highlights from this interview include:
- Tracey's background and how she got into talent management
- What's unique about Belden's talent and management process
- What motivated her to create the talent management strategy
- Her philosophy on HR and HR's role in developing people
- The major components of her plan
- On having a high level of commitment
- Creating a new tool called Business Unit Hiring Plans
- Measuring hiring productivity while building the talent pool
- How it impacts diversity as well as attrition
- Comparing the 95% retention rate to other companies in her industry
- What she's most proud of in terms of her overall career in talent development and talent management
- Her biggest mistake along the way
- How she identifies talent and uses the tools available
- Why Belden is one of the best companies when it comes to developing
- Her advice when putting a program in place
For questions, comments and guest suggestions, contact the host, Andy Storch, at email@example.com